Friday, May 14, 2010

Finally Friday


Scott Schwab:

Welcome back. it feels like it has been a long time since writing and I need to shake off the rust. I have been traveling back and forth between Vancouver Washington and here. However, my flight patterns have usually taken me through Boise and then I have driven back to Utah. Crazy enough, I found myself doing the same thing late last night. I bought a new vehicle to cruise around in for the summer months. Anyone that is looking for a car in the Boise area needs to go and see Steven Beverly at Ethics Autos. Great guy.
Anyway as I was still driving in the early morning two things kept coming to my mind. One the wretched smell that Idaho seems to be having and the other that we can only do a certain amount of things in a day. I think many times we are simply trying to do to much, and for who? When doing things in a day, make sure that you are doing something for yourself. Something that you enjoy. It may be reading a book, or taking a walk.
"Schedule your priorities not prioritize your schedule."
-Unknown-
If you make time for you, you will more likely be happy, healthy, and be able to accomplish what you desire. So much of our physical health is based on our mental health. This is why it is so important to keep our feelings, thoughts, and emotions under control. I find that it is when we are struggling, that we can be at our best. However, I find that in most situations it is very easy to fall, quit, or give up. If we apply to much pressure to ourselves the automatic response will be to quit. So if you find yourself not accomplishing the things you have planned, look at other alternatives. Waking earlier, staying up later, getting a babysitter for an hour. Whatever it might be, find the time for you.
With reference to the 8 week challenge, look at what you have done this week and see if you can create a benchmark for the rest of the weeks. I find that many times we start strong and fade off. Also some of us don't ever get started. If that is you and you are thinking I will just quit. STOP!
Make a habit of completing what you commit yourself to. If you have been sick or just have not had the time, get out tomorrow and make the sacrifice to do what you can. The great thing about the challenge is that you are not expected to perform at a specific level. We just want people to complete the challenge at all costs. You will feel better and it will become a habit of living healthy and ultimately you will live better. So if the outcome is a happier life, more productivity, and longevity; I would ask is the sacrifice worth it? You bet, that is why I love these challenges. Each 8 weeks I learn a lot about myself, my health, and others. Set your bar high this week so we can have great weeks to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment