Tuesday, July 26, 2011

8 week challengers

Chandi Schwab

Before


After



Goals:
1- Scott and I are doing "The Best shape in our life" this challenge, which for me is getting back on track with my eating.During marathon training I didn't do as well.this includes only water and fruit and veggies past 7:00p.m. and desserts only at get togethers, parties, and Sundays:0)(My rear still needs a lift so more squatting and butt exercises.
2- Swimming at least 1/2 mile twice a week
3- Spin class at least once a week (never taken a class at Golds, I am trying to branch out)
4- Complete marathon recovery training and start new training schedule
5- Get kids on a Summer schedule including going to the library once a week, and getting them swim lessons, More active play with them.More proactive at positive discipline
6- Continue with 1/2 hour personal study time each day.



As far as keeping with my goals I didn't follow them as closely as I would have liked.Yes, summer is crazy and that doesn't help. I think I need to have them visually in front of me to keep them on my mind.
1. Best shape of my life? That's debatable.I have been focusing on lifting more since the marathon. I did the recovery training and still run, but I actually have lifted more this time.I weigh about 5 lbs more and can't decide how much of that is muscle VS not being as lean because I am not running as many miles.I feel great though!It has been fun to mix it up and try new things.
2. I did a lot of swimming in the beginning but the pool got so crowded when i went there wasn't ever room.I really want to get swimming more when I can, it is so good.
3. Love the spin class I have been taking, it is called cycle tone and it is mixed with free weights.The teacher is so full of life and makes it fun!
4. Completed marathon training and even ran a half on the 4th of July.I will always love running:)
5. This one is probably one of the most important and I completely was a slacker.We didn't go to the library once, we have been active though and I got them workbooks that we have been working on almost every day.
6. My personal study has gone pretty well also.I made a rule for myself to get it done before I work out, this has helped a lot but I am still not %100. Always a work in progress:)

Please decide now, and join our next 8 week challenge. Be thinking of your goals and what you want to accomplish.


Frank Morales:

Before:



After:






Goals:
-Lose 25 lbs
-drop 10% BMI
-Healthier eating habits
-Restrengthen old military injuries
-support wife with her diet goal




First and foremost as an 80% disabled Combat Veteran, I am just excited that I have been able to reach some physical milestones that my injuries were preventing me from reaching. Although I did not lose the weight and BMI that I wanted, I am a lot stronger then I was 8 weeks ago. Both my wife and I have made changes to our diets. We cut down our portion sizes and often share meals at times. Supporting each others diet routines keeps us motivated.

Having a battle buddy in the gym, (Aaron Crandall) keeps me motivated and pushes me harder every day. It definitely helps out when he is smaller then you and lifts just as much..(punk!). OK time to switch it up a little and do more cardio...Thanks 8 Week Program.....

You've never lived until you've almost died...
for those who fight for it...... life has a flavor
the protected will never know........


http://militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=3888FRANCISCO MORALES

(RET) MASTER SERGEANT
US ARMY
INFANTRY

No comments:

Post a Comment