Thursday, June 3, 2010

Keeping the focus


Scott Schwab:

I know that each of us have many things in our lives that draw us away from what we actually intend to do. I was traveling for work yesterday and found that I had a task that seemed very much impossible. I had to get an apartment ready for a family that was showing up to work. I had 7 hours, a Kia Rio, and well me. So I started with the light stuff, (lamps, end tables, chairs). Each move was just down the street but approximately 1/4 mile. Progressively the truck that I thought I would have didn't come through and so I turned the Kia Rio into a truck. It was ridiculous trying to hold the mattress on the top of the car as I focused on driving my ridiculously expensive rental. Alas I had everything moved except the bedroom dressers and couch and love seat. The couple showed up, and the wife freaked out because there was coin laundry, rather then a washer and dryer. I tried to make the situation work, but some things just aren't meant to be. So after a day a moving everything, the people showed up and quit. I was mad at first, but then I started laughing so hard that people probably thought I was crazy. Literally, no one around, I wasn't on the phone, just me and my lonesome dove laughing like it was going out of style. I learned a couple of things that I believe that were worth mentioning.

Education:

You can never predict the outcome

Laugh at life's situations, because they are funny

Give all your effort and leave it on the field

Most importantly, BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!

There were a lot of things that I wanted to say or do based on my wasted day, but at the same time, I did what I said I would do and did something that I thought could not happen. With our exercise and specifically the 8 week challenge, we must focus on the inputs and allow the outputs to take care of themselves. Give you best and laugh about life. It will keep you healthy and happier, which will bring more of a sense of joy to your life. Leaving it on the field is a saying I learned from my football days, but it applies today as it did then. If you give your best, there is no room for excuses. When you give you best you can know that you have nothing to be ashamed about and can be satisfied that you did all that you could do. Whatever we do we must have complete focus for that. Balance is important as well; lets not fool ourselves. At the end of the day our focus will determine what we achieved. Keep going strong and learn and laugh at every day life and opportunity.

"Luck is when preparation and opportunity meet".

-Unknown-

No comments:

Post a Comment