Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday friday


Scott Schwab

I came upon an interesting article that talked about the American worker today. Many of us go through a week just to get to Friday and be done. Other types of work build up to meet certain goals or expectations for quotas. Whatever the type of work, it was pointed out that by the end of the week; workers are tired and disinterested with the work. I applied this into a workout regiment or exercise. I have personally noticed that by the end of the week my workouts are less productive. I am excited to be able to relax and spend less time with my workout or exercise. However, I have tried something as of recently and it has helped quite a bit. I have added something that I really enjoy in the middle of the week. For instance I will go and shoot hoops for an hour, play a pick up game of football, racquetball, or even going on a bike ride. Here is what I have found. After that day of taking it easier, I return with more energy and determination to finish the week hard. I figure that I have already had 2 effective days of exercise and with a hump day I can finish my week with an additional 2-3 great workouts. This makes it possible for me to continue to enjoy my time in the gym and mix things up so I can stay enthusiastic about the workouts. Also I would recommend that you do an exercise everyday on the muscle group that you want and think is most important. For instance I want my core to be in the best shape it can be. So I will do abs everyday and make sure that I do something different and beneficial everyday. Apologies for not being as consistent with writing lately. We will be making some slight changes with the posting. We feel that it would be beneficial to refer people to helpful research a couple of times per week, so that we complete the circle of applicable information. Have a great weekend and let me know if the posts dedicated to a research article would be interesting and beneficial for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment