Saturday, June 27, 2009

Benefits to eating a healthy breakfast


Chandi Schwab

Everybody knows the old saying: "Have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper." I am not sure if everybody realizes the fact, that a healthy breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is true as long as it is a healthy breakfast.If you ask me, I am for eating breakfast. I used to skip breakast because I wasn't hungry or was just in too big of a hurry. I have since trained myself to eat breakfast because there are so many benefits.
It is scientifically proven that fat burning processes are most active in the morning, and fat storage - in the evening. So if you eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, you will boost your metabolism to burn fat and calories, and will give your body a good energy start for the day.
Eating a healthy breakfast will help you maintain a normal and healthy body weight.
Studies have shown that people who skip breakfast throughout their life are more likely to become overweight or obese.
A healthy breakfast contains whole grain foods, plenty of fruits and vegetables, as well as a cup of skim milk or yogurt, fresh fruit or vegetable juice, or mineral water. So if you aren't a breakfast eater try to become one. I like to start out with fruit and eat breakfast about an hour later.Or a protein shake and eat 2 hours later.Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment