Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cleanse the body


Scott Schwab

I wanted to write a post about how to get started with a good diet. I will not focus on the things to do to continue, but I will focus on how to get started. The first thing that you need to do is set a goal, and I would set multiple goals. The reason is that when you have multiple positive goals, you can feel good when you reach 1 or 2 goals, but may not get all the goals set. For example. I will work out 3 times in a week. I will cut all my meals in half, I will eat healthy snacks throughout the day, I will drink water equivalent to half my body weight in ounces. Setting goals in a positive fashion, allows for you to feel good about your goal and achieve them without the negative connotation. What I mean is, "I wont eat chocolate, I will not miss a day running." Though these are great goals, the way they are set brings a negative correlation with it. This way when you may miss doing what you said you would do, subconsciously you will say, "well I didn't get my goal so I might as well quit." This is why when you set multiple goals you can feel good about achieving something and the positive nature is a driving source for motivation, rather than having a deflating effect. So to start this little diet you need to start with a body cleanse. You can look on line for different cleansers, but I would choose something that focuses on raw foods and goes for 3-5 days. Meaning eat fruits and vegetables and drink a lot of water to get all of the toxins out of your body. After the 3-5 days don't end with a mighty feast to stretch that stomach out. Begin with small portions and try and eat 5-6 small meals per day. The meals should be small and portioned to the size of your fist. This way you continue to keep the metabolism working and let gravity do its best work. As you continue forward reward yourself with a little ice cream, maybe a brownie, but have some discipline. You have already started something great, don't ruin it by eating a whole tub or platter of goodies. If you do the cleanse and start with a healthy diet for 2 weeks you can lose up to 10 pounds, sometimes more depending on your health. Avoid fried foods, fast foods, and high fructose corn syrup as much as possible. These are like poison to a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment