Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No more excuses!


Chandi Schwab
I usually end up writing my posts on areas that I am struggling with because it helps motivate me. I guess I figure we are all human and have similar motions and emotions that we go through, so hopefully you can relate in one way or another. The title speaks for itself, but I would like to expound on it a little bit.
I think that justification and excuse making is more common now than ever. Society has changed, and there is more of a push for independent decision making and individualistic views. This is great for many reasons because we have stronger leaders and such a diverse sense of being, but sometimes self decision making becomes selfish decision making and turns into unfulfilled commitments and promises to ourselves and others.
For example, this morning I went on a long run after 2 weeks of being out because of a minor calf injury. most of you know I have a goal time with the marathon I will be running in May. During the first part of my run, I had convinced myself that the goal was unattainable now, and I had a good excuse because I was out for 2 weeks. After all the hard work and time I have put into this I wanted to justify my way out of it. Lame! In reality, I have 8 weeks left and anything is possible.
These thoughts were all running through my head and that is why I decided to do a post on it. It is so easy to not try as hard or to give up, but where is the reward in that? True growth and progression comes from pushing ourselves, it comes from doing things we really don't want to do but we have committed to, so we do it. If we let OURSELVES down, how can we ever be satisfied and happy in life? This pertains to everything! We all have room for improvement, so take this for what it's worth and apply it!Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment