Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Guest post by Drew Manning



Drew Manning-

My name is Drew Manning and I received my personal training certification through NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine). I have a passion for helping people achieve their fitness goals. I currently offer training part-time, but am not able to take on anymore clients until I finish my gym in my basement, hopefully, in the next 6 months. I may be offering out-door boot camp training during the Spring/Summer depending on the amount of interest (more info to come) Here are a few of my tips for a successful fitness transformation:

1. The single most important thing in succeeding with your fitness goals is your diet and not your workout. Your workouts are important and it's important to train "smart", but you will notice more results if you can stay consistent and disciplined with your eating habits rather than the gym alone.

2. Calories in vs. Calories out. This is the key to losing weight. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. The opposite is true as well. It's as simple as that. It is key to break out your total daily caloric intake between 4-6 meals, rather than 2 or 3 large meals. This will help prevent your body from storing fat during those long hours without any calories coming in.

3. Water, water, water. Staying hydrated is very important, especially when working out. Most people inquire how to ensure they are staying hydrated. A simple way to know is if you have at least one clear urination a day.

4. Avoid the 3 S's: SUGAR, SATURATED FAT, and SODIUM, when buying processed carbs from the grocery store.

5. Prepare your foods in advance. Make your lunches and snacks before you go to work so that you know exactly what you're going to eat and at what time. By being prepared you are less likely to falter in maintaining a healthy eating lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment