Wednesday, March 9, 2011

8 week challengers

Here are some more posts of our 8 week challengers (Kind of have a baby theme going on...I like it)


Brand Sloan
















Goals

-Lose another 25 lbs
-Exercise 5 days a week at least 30 min.
-Finish another book
-Don't eat sweets for the whole 8 weeks
-Go to the temple once a month
-Say personal prayers every morning and night (on my knees)
-Go on at least 3 walks as a family each week!!







Hallie Ford

















My Goals:

-Lose 20 lbs
-Drink 12 glasses of water a day
-Get back on track with school work (nothing below a B)
-Set a budget and stick to it
-One on one time with my 4 children
-In bed by 12 p.m.
-Help Berkley to get more organized with her school work, Alabama ready for Kindergarten, Emerson ready for preschool.
-get to know the ladies in my ward better



Mark Pittard















Goals

-lose ten pounds of bad fat
-run four times a week
-weights three times a week
-no testing and driving
-no pop
-one sweet a week
-train myself to workout in the morning
-win the competition


Jennifer Pittard








Goals
For almost half my life I have been obsessed with weight loss. I don't know if that obsession started with my love of dance and staring at myself in a leotard and tights in front of a mirror for 5 hrs a week or the fact that I am just not built like a size 2.
I have struggled with that realization as I am sure many women have. During my freshman and sophomore years of high school I struggled with an eating disorder. I had such a distorted vision of myself and what "pretty" is supposed to look like that it controlled my life. I was obsessed with food and exercise.
About my junior year I realized that I was dealing with a serious issue. Although my friends and family were concerned, I could not except it for myself until then. I had no idea how hard the process of healing was going to be.
Its been about 7 years since I had this realization and I am still recovering. And I will probably still be recovering until I am 99 years old. Nobody realizes the mental consequences that are consumed with eating disorders. My view of food has completely changed and the way I view myself.
With that said I have had many victories in discovering the balance of being obsessed and healthy. It is important to do what is healthy for your body. I know that I will never be a size 2 but I can be fit and sexy in my own skin.
My goals for the next 8 weeks are to keep finding that balance. My recent goals in running have been to keep racking up my miles, but with a hurt knee I am just trying to maintain the 4 miles that I run every other day.
I also want to incorporate weight lifting in my training. The main areas that I want to focus on are the legs and arms.
-Hamstrings
- Quads
-Inner/Outer thighs
- Biceps
-Triceps
-Shoulders

I hope to see increased definition by lifting at least three times a week. Cardio max 1 hr. each session then lift. And a stretch session. Off days cross train with PIYO- which is Pilates and Yoga mixed. Also Included on off days an aerobics class called Hustle which involves hip hop.

I want to find a balance with food. Hopefully I will be able to find new recipes that are easy and good on a budget for this college student. I'm not sure if losing weight is a main goal this session, but hopefully inches lost.
My first success this 8 week session is running my first 5K race!!! That was a great experience and there will be more to come for sure!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, thank you for your transparency and honesty. We appreciate you opening up to the readers about yourself. Truthfully, I think a lot of people can relate. So Thank you. One tip I can give you is to lift before you run. You will burn more calories that way. Good luck in the 8 week challenge.

    ReplyDelete