Thursday, August 5, 2010

I DID IT!!!


Chandi Schwab

Scott has been trying to convince me to try swimming for awhile now. I decided to give it an honest effort today because I want to be able to do a triathlon. I decided to stop caring about what onlookers might think and to just do it! I just started with 10 laps, one time across the pool counting as one. (I know it sounds pathetic, but I have never really done it before.) The sad thing is that 10 was just about all I could do. It was very nice and realaxing to be in the water. The hardest thing for me with swimming is the breathing and the more I relaxed the easier it came. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel and I actually really enjoyed it. Good goggles and ear plugs are key so you don't have to worry about anything but the swimming itself. I just took it nice and slow and I want to gradually increase my distance each time. I am going to start swimming twice a week and add 2 laps each time, maybe even more depending how it goes. So...triathlon here I come! I really recommend you all to try it! Especially for those of you like me that are not comfortable with it. We all have to start somewhere right?Good Luck!!
Benefits of Swimming
*Works your whole body
*Improves cardio conditioning
*Strengthens all muscles in your body
*Improves endurance
*Better Posture
*More flexibility
*Improves bodies use of oxygen
*Promotes weight loss
*Improves blood pressure
*Reduces stress

No comments:

Post a Comment