Monday, May 18, 2009

Mind Power


Scott Schwab

I heard an interesting quote today that I thought that I would pass on. As I was working out my i pod skipped and went to a section that was motivational. The first thing I heard from the author was this; "doubt and fear cannot exist in the mind of the man that has faith, either one will leave, because they cannot exist at the same time in the mind." When we look at our decisions in life and what we choose to do, I think a lot of us make decisions based on fear. It is not a good thing to live your life by fear because one of two things will happen. Either you will be debilitated and not be able to perform, or it will reserve your subconscious mind into the feeling of not giving your all because of potential failure. Fear is so interesting and something that all of us should study and learn more of. The goal is to eliminate fear and do things not because we fear the results, but because we know exactly what we want and how we can get it. Fear will not allow you to get what you want because Fear itself debilitates. It is also one of the most powerful emotions, according to Napoleon Hill in Think and grow rich. I do agree with him and in thinking back on my life; the times that I have performed best in anything is when I am completely confident of what I am to do. Sports, life, and relationships are all great examples of how fear can apply and confuse our ability to perform. When we think about a workout regiment, dieting, and nutrition; we must also think about the fear that prevents us from success. Eliminate those thoughts and replace them with the "why". Why you are doing what you are doing. Example: I am doing this for myself, so I can look better, feel better, have more confidence. I am doing this for my family, my health, my life longevity. Whatever it might be, find it and explore the ways to replace the fear with the why. This is the start to getting you closer to starting a great and consistent life.

No comments:

Post a Comment