Monday, May 11, 2009

Living life to the fullest


Scott Schwab

I realized something today as I was working out. It is something that I observed while watching others workout and comparing my progress to where I have been in the past. There are days that I do not give 100%. The reason is because subconsciously it gives me an excuse when I don't obtain the results that I desired. Do you ever find yourself trying to convince yourself or others that you could have done something if you would have tried harder? Oh I could stop eating out if I really wanted to. I could lose 10 pounds if I really wanted to. I could stop smoking if I really wanted to. Well why wouldn't you want to do those things? The happiness that comes from obtaining desires spreads to other areas of your life. Similarly the failures or non-obtainment spreads as well. Whatever we think most often is what we are or who we will become! Now with that in mind, lets look at each of our lives and find those statements of; oh I could if I wanted too, and eliminate them. I figure that it is a matter of giving all your effort and being satisfied with giving all I have. Those of you that have competed on the sports level have probably heard the statement; "Leave it all on the field, or court." Take that and apply that in your life in all areas. Leave it at work, leave it at the gym, and for heaven sake do not give yourself excuses. A person who lives their lives through excuses will never accomplish much, because there is always an excuse when obtainment was not achieved. Hold yourself and others accountable. By doing this you may set appropriate expectations for yourself and others. Go after life aggressively the same way that life can knock you down. Attack issues and problems and resolve them quickly. Today start thinking of the ways that you can eliminate the negatives and enjoy the positives through accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment