Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Guest Blogger


Ron Rich
You know I have found that the hard part of anything is getting started , taking that first step out the door to go to the gym , setting a starting date, or even after getting it all together is continuing to go on with the program. Sure its easy in the beginning and the newness is fun, but then as time wears on and things start to pop up that sound more fun or exciting than working up a sweat. I've done that and much to my surprise, I have found that I missed the feeling of doing something good for me and my body, I was so out of shape when I started this journey at 59 years of age. Now at 62, I'm in better shape than I have ever have been, I can do things that I did not think possible, and I've gotten rid of several meds the Dr had me on. I no longer need to take them. The Dr was so impressed he gave me a big thumbs up with what I was doing and how well I was sticking to it , That is the secret is sticking to it and not letting yourself down , Don't do it for anyone other than yourself for your the one that counts the most.
After speaking to Ron I was impressed with what he is doing for his workouts. He told me that at one point he was about 300 pounds. That being the case he got to work in the gym. He visits the gym everyday and mixes in weights with marital arts, and yoga classes. He also takes supplements and drinks a shake per day. After our conversation I found that the biggest factor to his success is goal setting, consistency, and supplements. He is an inspiration to us all and a reminder that we are never too old, too out of shape, or too anything. We need to start now and make the changes that will change our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment