Friday, July 27, 2012

Midway Results

Matt Long:


Just got back from short run this morning to the sunrise of Tampa. 88degrees with 70%humidity should help me shed some weight. This mid 8 week challenge is a tough one for me. I have learned the scale is not my best resource to determine weight loss or growth. Starting the 8 week challenge I weighed myself on day one and I was 192lb, I began my very strict diet and workout regimen and by day 5 I was 182lb. So gaining 5-7lbs of lean mass is still doable, I just have a two different numbers to gauge from right? Any thoughts?  What I am getting at is that the scale is not my friend, I cannot get a realistic number on a consistent basis. I have gained and loss around 8-10lbs this whole challenge. So I come to use the mirror as my measuring scale, which again is not my friend. I need to work on some areas of course but on the positive side, I have gained strength in the weight room and my endurance seems to increase. This challenge has been great for me, I am holding myself accountable for the cravings I have and I am seeing the downsides to giving in to them. I have to work on that. All in all, things are going great and I look forward to the end results.

Chandi Schwab:

My challenge has had its ups and downs. Scott has been traveling a lot and it is hard to manage my time running and at the gym, to the time with kids, errands, etc.  But we have been able to be pretty disciplined. I did run a half marathon, which I was happy with my results. Honestly after some of the longer runs that I had attempted and then got very sick, I wondered if I could do the distance. I want to push it hard this second half. I will keep training hard and with a little bit of luck get into the St. George Marathon in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment