Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Guest Post

Melizza Chavez:

Cardio Addict to Weight Rehab


Do you catch yourself grinding your teeth in the gym as your eyes wander out into the beautiful outside that waits just on the other side of the window’s. Fantasizing on storming on out to set off for an endless mile run. Do you find yourself pacing back and forth in between sets barely being able to hold yourself back from sprinting on a treadmill for hours on a 7 minute mile pace? Don’t worry this will pass. Not only will you soon be able to surpress your long distance runner roots but you will find yourself like I did starving for weights. Did I say starve?
The Writer here must be confused is your thought right at this moment because “ starve and weight lifting “ in the same sentence that’s almost an oxymoron. Women and weight lifting? Your thinking you can paint a vivid picture within just seconds of the type of woman that weight lifts. She’s very large, bulky, manly and the farthest thing from feminine. Hold those thoughts and erase that mental image you’ve sculpted into your mind you are about to have a moment of impact! Your moment of impact is the awakening to the truth about weights and women.
Weight training and less Cardio potentially will cure your decades in the gym that leave you exhausted and frustrated when failing weight loss goals. After weight training and taking the right supplements for over 3 months I vowed to never turn my head away from weights again. Month one I saw a maintained body weight and added tone to abdominal area, calves, smoother thighs and a simply sexier lean look. Month two I couldn’t believe the unbelievable difference in strength I felt from the moment I woke up early in the morning, to lengthy desk job hours and up until dark. In just two months of weight training I felt slim, strong and as if someone injected my veins with the most potent energy drink without the coming down from the caffeine.
Month three I was a weight lifting convert I was stronger,slimmer and my muscle definition looked amazing. I would describe running for me as vital as the air I breathe and as addicting as dark chocolate truffles. However addictive and natural it may feel for me, the strength I have found in weight training is irreplaceable. Recommended by a former NPC trainer for Women’s Bikini division advised that while weight training drop your cardio time to no more than 15 minutes and break the 15 minutes up into short sprints. Doing this allowed me to stay productive in between sets during breaks while providing a small runners fix.
A perk when strengthening muscle is not only what you burn during your workout but the after burn. Weight training helps improve women’s metabolism and therefore the 45 minutes I spent weight training continued to work for me throughout my days. Imagine that a natural way to teach my body how to burn fat even when I’m not putting any thought or time towards it. Well ladies it’s time to tough it out, tap the shoulder of the guy hogging the bench press bar at the gym and suggest he help spot you! It’s time to to go to Weight Rehab. Your body will beg you for a little extra nourishment when you begin to spend more time strength training so below are suggested supplements for women to pickup the next grocery stop or online at http://www.mixersnutrition.com/.
Supplements:

A multi-vitamin and multi-mineral every morning and night
1000 mg of vitamin c every morning and night
L-glatamine


( In Workout Shakes)

Chia seed promotes heart,brain and joint health
B Complex where prescribed
BCAA-1000 take 2 before and 2 after training ( helps fuel your workout)

No comments:

Post a Comment