Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Healthy Holiday Snacks

Scott Schwab:

I thought that I would give some ideas of things that I either like to eat during the Holidays, or what I have had to learn to like over the Holidays. Let's make one thing clear, I am not perfect during the Holidays and I will have my cookies and goodies. However, I have learned to keep a better handle on what I am consuming.

It is just not worth the way I feel, or what I gain over the Holidays when I  lose control. Focus not on what you cannot eat, but what you can eat to meet your goals. Remember that it only takes a couple of days (off) to disrupt what weeks and sometimes months have accomplished.

Crazy Almonds:

Mix 1 bag Craisins
Mix 1 bag Almonds

This is much like trail mix, but the two together are packed with protein and anti oxidants. Its a good food to have laying around that you can hold in your hand and continue to eat without the calories. Many times bowls of candy are the alternative and that is one sure way to get a lot of calories in a very short snack.



Cinnamon Sticks:

2 tablespoons Cinnamon
1 bag of pretzel sticks or pretzels

*Sprinkle Cinnamon on pretzels either in bowl or on a pan and place in oven at 325 for 15 min. For a more complete taste, spray with water or butter and make the pretzels moist and sprinkle with cinnamon. This will help the cinnamon attach to the pretzel better.

This snack is great because Cinnamon is a natural thermogenic. Cinnamon is a great aid for digestion and calorie burning. Be careful with the amount of sodium contained in the pretzel. The cinnamon flavor gives it a nice equalizer as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment