Wednesday, September 5, 2012

8 week challengers

Matt Long:



 Before






 After





Goals:

1) Gain 5-7 Lean muscle mass
2) Maintain strict meal plan consisting of lean protein, complex carbs, vegetables. Get the correct amount of daily macronutrition intake.
3) Reduce body fat through meal plans
4) Cardio 3-4 times weekly for a minimum of 30 minutes
5) Read a new book

Results:

1) Gain 5-7 Lean muscle mass-I lost about 8lbs in weeks 1 and 2. I dropped to 186 and today I was 194. I have increased my strength significantly so I believe the lean muscle mass has developed. In addition, I have increased in the weights I have been lifting in all my exercises.
2) Maintain strict meal plan consisting of lean protein, complex carbs, vegetables. Get the correct amount of daily macronutrition intake.- This was the toughest area of my goals to stay consistent with. My wife was pregnant and although she was incredibly disciplined with her eating, I was not. I think they call this sympathy cravings. I feel I could have done better in this area.
3) Reduce body fat through meal plans- I was unable to get my body fat tested at the beginning of challenge. I feel like I can throw this goal in the trash because I was negligent in giving myself a chance by not getting it tested. This will for sure be a goal in my next challenge.
4) Cardio 3-4 times weekly for a minimum of 30 minutes- For the first 4 weeks I was really good about this. We had a beautiful little baby girl and in the past 4 weeks I have been very bad about the cardio part of my workout. I have been lifting a lot of weights and my cardio has been suffering. Another area for improvement and another disappointment in my results.
5) Read a new book- Well, I have read enough literature to cover several novels. I started a new job and took on a new industry in doing so. I have read and learned more about this new industry than I could have imagined in the past 8 weeks. Reading a book for pleasure in hopefully in the near future.

Austin Taylor:




Before





After



Goals:

1) Gain 5 lbs
2) Read Motivational book
3) Grow business to 50 customers
4) Enlarge my pecks to "pillow status"




Results:

My results for the challenge were great. Although I did not spend the time I thought I would need to in the gym, I was able to eat clean and be more healthy outside the gym. I avoided eating out and tried to get back to the basics of eating.
I did read a motivational book and was able to get into the Finance program at the school I am attending. Business has been great and we continue to grow. We exceeded my goal and continue to see great growth.
My pecks are still a work in progress, but I am leaner than I have been for awhile and ready to build from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment