Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Halfway posts



Diedre Sloan
I have been doing fairly well, The hardest thing for me has been giving up sweets. It had been really good doing this with my husband we have been supporting each other and keeping each other on track so it's been fairly easy. I have already lost my 10 lbs. It came off fairly quickly we have been counting our calories, I never realized how many calories I was taking in before. I have been trying to exercise as much as I can, my husband and I try to do our work out once our kids are in bed. That has helped us a lot. Somedays it's hard to get motivation to exercise but we have been doing fairly well. I have already started and finished one book and started another one. Everything else has been going pretty well.

Sam Swenson
I am currently 215 lbs which is abot where I started, but i have toned up a bit.My goal has changed from 200 to 210 and more toned by the end of the challenge. So here is to the next few weeks!

Arielle Taylor
This current eight week challenge has definitely been a success, though not as successful as I would like. However, I guess just maintaining my current health during the holidays was a feat in and of itself. As far as my goals go I've been reading, joined the ward choir, carry on regular workouts, and TRY to eat healthy. The hardest thing for me is not eating past seven since I usually get home from work at 11. I also haven't organized my schedule well enough to where I can fit in weight lifting as much as I'd like. SO I have decided two ways I can deal with these set-backs. I am going to start bringing snacks to work so I won't be starving when I get home, and I will also start consistently waking up at 8 in the morning so I can have sufficient time to weight lift and not just do cardio.

I would just like to add that the real success I have experienced through this is that I have gained an appreciation for my health. Last night I decided to splurge a bit and have treats while watching a movie with my friends. My body hasn't been used to me putting that junk into it, and its reaction was not good! I am getting to the point where I can listen to my body and know what will make it happy or not. I believe that is what health is truly about and I am grateful to be getting to that point.

Jessica Taylor
2011 Heaven Baby ! This is my motto this year. I started with the goal in mind for 2011, to learn how to become a vegan/raw chef. I booked my time to get away to a health/wellness/detox/school in puerto rico to do just that over the new year. I am a changed woman. To learn how to play with nature in such a way that I never thought possible. The tastes , touch , textures of the food was an experience that is part of my soul. I feel renewed on a mental,physical and spirit level that I can't put into words. I feel the divinity that God has so created everything with love and passion. I am working on getting getting down to my happy weight. Perfect practice makes perfect. Cheers to divinity.

Brittney Hansen
I have done some of my goals faithfully and some not so much. I am doing great with not eating late at night. I didn't read just one book, I read three already (all of the Hunger Games)!! I have been able to spend more quality time with my kids and I feel that I have had more patience with them. The big area that I am slacking in has been doing the p90x. This last week I started doing aerobic classes and I am going to start running on a treadmill this week. I am going to recommit to myself with working out more and watching my sweet intake.

Jenny Bowen
The 8 week challenge for me has been very beneficial. I am not sure if it was a good time or a bad time that I started it over the > holidays, but it has definitely kept me more in line that I would have been! The diet coke and limiting sugar goals have probably been the most effective for me, followed by providing constructive play time for my daughter. Personal study time and dog walking have been the least successful goals for me due to lack of time and inclement weather.I plan to step things up a notch and continue with the challenge,hopefully forming a habit!

Aubrey Fullmer
So far so good! Obviously making any sort of a change (especially around the holidays!) is hard to adjust to at first, but so far it's going alright. I think the hardest thing is getting out of all of the bad habits of just "snacking" when I'm not even hungry just because I'm bored or making my kids something! Choosing the "healthy foods" over the "not- so healthy foods," and also I'm not the most patient person so actually preparing something healthy can take more time, so that's been a little annoying at times! I am loving working out at high miles again and training for my half and full marathon! Something with that though that I need to change is to switch it up with something else then just running. Adding more weights and maybe some yoga or something. Besides that just having a positive attitude about it and knowing I'm strengthening my mind and my body has been a great experience!

Daric Hartle
OK, I have been a lot better this challenge than the preceding one. I joined to soccer leagues and despite injuring each ankle on consecutive nights, I have persisted in playing each Monday and Tuesday night. This also was a wake up call that I was not where I should be, fitness wise. Aside from playing soccer 2 nights a week I have been making smarter choices when it comes to food. I have cut back on the sweets and breads that I eat. I am also about to start playing basketball at least one night a week. With all that being said, I am feeling less winded playing soccer and i have released about 4 pounds. It probably would have been more if I could have resisted "sampling" during Christmas. I am looking forward to a good finish down the home stretch.

Nicole Berry
The challenge is going great. I have lost 7 pounds so far and I am loving my new lifestyle of raw foods. I took an epic trip to Puerto Rico with my sister and learned so much. I will not eat meat again. It is too hard on my body and digestive track. As I have been doing raw foods I have found that my digestion is simple and easy. I look foward to the next 4 weeks to see what I can accomplish.

Megan Porter
The challenge is going great despite my travel schedule. Having things on my mind more often have helped me to succeed more. I took the advice of the blog and I got some supplements that are great tasting. I am yet to see what results they will bring, but I only started this week. I have an intense travel schedule coming up and I will make sure that I succeed. Thanks for the protein suggestion, the shakes are great.

Mark Pittard
I have done better this challenge with cutting out sweats. That is uncommon during the holidays for me, but I can honestly say I improved from past years. I have also been holding myself accountable to running 3-4 times per week and feel that I am getting leaner. Where I would like to improve would be getting myself into the gym more in the week to pump some iron. Looking forward to continual improvement

No comments:

Post a Comment