Monday, January 10, 2011

Are you prepared?


Chandi Schwab
I had a dream the other night that this bad group of mob-like men wanted to kill me and my family. Scott had 2 of the kids with him and we split up because we felt it was safer. I had my little boy with me and was trying to keep him safe. We would try to find homes to hide out in but the people living in them would eventually kick us out because they didn't want to risk their lives. I would run from hide out to hide out carrying him and trying to keep him safe. I remember being so exhausted but grateful that I was in shape enough to keep my little boy away from being harmed.

The funny thing is... This is true motivation for me to work out and be in shape. I have often thought if anything were to happen I wouldn't want my life or especially someone in my families life to be risked because I didn't have enough energy or because I wasn't quick or agile enough. I would do anything for my family and I guess I look at being in shape as another way of being prepared. Not only that, but being in shape and living a healthy lifestyle drastically decreases your chances of getting a life threatening illness. What better way to truly be there for your loved ones and let them know you care. We all have room for improvement but it is always taking steps in the right direction that counts.

So grab life by the horns and show it who's boss! Life is hard, and there are many hard things that try to stand in the way, but we can conquer anything if we put our minds to it and our bodies into action.Confidence is one of the strongest weapons you can have because if you believe in yourself and your true capacity, your drive can take you anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment