Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quote of the Day




Scott Schwab:

I was pondering today about where I am in reference to the World and where I fit in the World. I was looking at my goals for achievement and really what occupies my mind on a daily basis. In a desire and hope to be better and do more, I found a quote that I feel is perfect for review. The answer however, lies within each of us and how we view our World. I have said this before and I will mention again, that a person's perception is their reality! Therefore, we should look at the areas that change perception and not focus so much on change alone.

Perception:

- Experience- (how we categorize events in our life)
- Knowledge- (what we have chosen to keep as important)
- Environment- (Our surroundings of people, geography)
- Emotions/feelings- (what we think and our understanding of self)
- Responsibility- (ability/power to respond)
- Accountability- (action based decisions/application)

Exercise:

*Take the time to ponder what your personal perception is and how it applies to the quote below. By doing some self introspection, you can find the answer to any question or problem.


"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

-T.S. Eliot-

No comments:

Post a Comment