Thursday, January 3, 2013

8 Week Challenger

Ashley Ludlow:

Before:











After:

DSC_1915.JPG



Results:

Looking back, I am actually shocked at the physical transformation that has happened, as my focus has been more on improvement from the inside.

My business has completely changed since the beginning of the 8 weeks. After lots of consideration, I've decided to go in a different direction, and that my crochet business wasn't something I was passionate about. I believe I hosted 2 or 3 events for my oil business over the course of the 8 weeks, just falling short of my goal of 4 events. I started blogging at ashleyludlow.com and decided to focus more on my music than anything else. It's my passion, my dream, and something I've wanted to pursue for a REALLY long time. So why not now?

I've been playing the piano a LOT more. Nearly every day! I think when I begin to schedule in my music practice, I'll be more consistent with doing it on a daily basis.
Eating intuitively has happened slowly. Over the weeks, I've created a slightly more healthy diet. I have more work to be done in this area. (Including meal planning)
Exercise and strength training have consisted of packing and lifting boxes. (AKA non-existant). I'll be doing more Zumba in the future, especially now that I'll be teaching again.

Here's the important part for me: Study, pray, and journal. I have been doing this pretty consistently, and it's made my life feel more whole. I feel like I'm equipped with the energy, the courage, and the strength to face the challenges of each day. I have an outlet in journaling and prayer, and a constant source of inspiration through prayer and study. My relationship with my husband has improved tremendously, and I've been reading more to my children.

So, the verdict is in. Even though these 8 weeks haven't been as much about eating healthy and exercising, I now have a good foundation of daily habits to build upon, as well as strong, supportive relationships to help me along the way.

Next time I do the 8 week challenge, I'll write down my goals, and read them aloud to myself daily, since I seem to forget what I'm working towards when they're just on a page somewhere.

Congratulations to all those who made progress of any kind in the last 8 weeks!
Here's to the next challenge!
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment