Friday, July 17, 2009

Importance of point of view


Scott Schwab

Today I wanted to do a little cheering for the soul. Wow is there a lot of gloom and doom in the forecast and swirling all around us. I went for a run today and tried to clear my mind and found a little remedy as I ran. I was thinking about many things as I ran and think I have a good comparison to pass on. I am always amazed by nature and the beauty of what we see all around. I am in Seattle Washington for the summer and feel like more than anytime in my life, that I am surrounded by the best the world has to offer. I started to think and figured at this time last year I was in Houston Texas and thought the same thing. With an election that was coming up and many issues with potential problems with the economy; those fears have now materialized and we see the troubles around. However, there are many good things happening and good that people are trying to create the best they know how. I was watching a Bee the other day, busy going from flower to flower. It was as though the bee only knew one speed and that was urgency. Bees are one of the most efficient and hard working insects besides ants. This is why we have the famous saying busy as a bee, etc. The point of view is this. I found that by watching the bee, they have a job, they know what they are to do and they do it. Many people that I see around, know their job and don't get it done. I believe that it is due to what they have in their mind. I think we make life to difficult and complicated. We need to commit ourselves to focus on the task at hand. I have found that when I set all my faculties to one direction that I am much more productive. Whether it be a workout, a job, career, a relationship, or whatever you are putting effort into, give it all you got. Stop giving yourselves excuses for why you did not achieve what you were looking to do. Keep your focus and give all you have. You have all heard it before. Give your best, leave it on the field, give 100%. Well do it! There is not another time that you will be able to have your waisted time back. I think about the bee and the mission that they have. It is to continue the life of plants and flowers through the process of pollinating. Our purpose is to continue on the process of pollinating in our life. Planting little seeds that will make a difference down the road. Harvest now for what we will reap later. Work now for what you will receive in the future. My advice for all of us including myself is to stop making excuses and get out and do the work that you are asked to do. Be a father, a mother, a husband, wife, brother, friend, employee, employer, etc. However; in my point of view, give it all you got our just go home and play x-box, which for some reason unknown to man. The level in which grown men and women put into a game would produce incredible results if applied to life. Decide to be a Bee and change the world through your pollination. Life can be great, but only if you will make up your mind to have it great. Have a great weekend and pass on your pollen.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post.You are so creative in your thinking and the way that you are able to express it.I have to say...this is motivating for me.Especially after a day like today.Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete