Monday, January 26, 2009

The post tonight is coming late and could even fall into a category of Tuesday depending how long I rant. Today I found that my basement flooded due to rising water levels and temperamental sub pumps. Ridiculous really, but I did learn a lesson. I found that as I was swearing at the carpet and the shop vac that spilled after all the work that I had done, that really I was not getting anywhere. Sure I was making some small progress in clean up, but for my mental health I was only hurting my day. As your body goes through a day it goes through natural highs and lows. Stress is a good thing in small levels. Your bodies response to stress is the key. If a body gets to stressed; it will start to shut down literally. Blood will not flow as freely to the brain to create thought and stimulate messages to the body, the immune system stops fighting bacteria, and as a result the body becomes lethargic and unable to with stand the pressures. In my situation, I found that the negative self talk was not working. I also found that sitting there looking at the job was not working. So I had to take a break and just relax. Life happens and so many times we are unable to influence all that happens. Stress will occur and to my surprise can be a good thing. When your body starts to feel stress or pressure, it goes to work creating adrenaline. If harnessed adrenaline is one of the greatest tools that your body has. In opposition to what was previously mentioned, the body is nourished when one learns to control the stresses in life. I do not mean to say that I am an expert at the body, however, knowing what stresses you out and consequently how you can alleviate that stress is healthy. In fact you will live longer if you can balance the load of stress and enjoy a healthier life style. hacuna Mata ta or however you spell it. Take a break, sing, laugh at your self, maybe even swear, but do not take part in negative talk, violence, or stress. Control the level however you must, but remember use the adrenaline to pick yourself up and get the situation resolved, or ask for input of someone who is on the balcony so to speak. An outsider can give you a great look on a problem as if standing on a balcony for possible resolution. Ultimately you must decide to solve your own problem and overcome the stress. With that said live your life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment