Friday, January 30, 2009

Have a great weekend

The purpose for today's post is to pass on a quote that I think is worth reading, but even more valuable with applying to ones life. We are bombarded every single day with how things are so bad for the economy, for jobs, for families, etc.... I do believe that we are going through very challenging times, but I think and other have expressed; that this kind of negative attention only brings people down. We are all products of the environment around us, and when all we see is bad news and hurt I believe that it effects peoples mindset and attitude. When I woke this morning and saw that the sun was shinning, I decided that I am going to stop watching negative news stories. This may mean that I stop watching news all together, but at least I will still have sports center. They seem to be up beat and always willing to make me laugh. The point is, take the time this weekend and laugh, I mean really laugh and make others laugh. It may be easier if you watch the super bowl and key in on the commercials. Decide today that you will not allow negativity to get you down. Be positive and optimistic and I promise that you will start feeling better and enjoy better health. Without further delay, here is the quote for the day:
"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch.... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded"! Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

No comments:

Post a Comment