Sunday, February 10, 2013

Quote of the day

Scott Schwab:
I can hardly believe it has been a week since we wrote. What a crazy week. With many things going on in life, I feel like the quote of the day will probably apply best to myself and my current situation. My hopes is that it will apply to some of you as well.

Many times in life; control is what we seek. Control of our emotions, control of the outcome, our schedule, etc. With all of our seeking, what are we finding? Most of the time, I find that the more I try to control an outcome, the further I get away from the objectives that I have.

However, I have found that what I spend the most time thinking about, and in what way I am thinking about that subject; I draw in the energy of my thoughts. Based on this finding, I decided that it is best to make a decision about how we will face the challenge, trial, or issue and not change that resolve.

It was based on this that I have decided to stop complaining and start living. There are many things that we will never be able to control no matter how hard we plan, think, and act. External factors effect everything, and we cannot account for the actions, thoughts, and words of others.

So with that, find a way to set the resolution of how you will act before your faced with the challenge to respond. Enjoy the quote below from someone who said it best.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails".

-William Arthur Ward-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment